I hope you’re having a great day so far! I’m linking up with The Blended Blog and sharing my favorite food and drink for fall.
Tis the season when I get my holiday cup of pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks (their red cups aren’t out for another month though!). I know some people don’t care for PSL but I love anything pumpkin so I’m one of those, ha! 😉 I’m also eager to try their Chestnut Praline Latte.
I normally make my coffee at home but for holiday drinks, I like trying new ones so you’ll find me at Starbucks, and even Dunkin Donuts and McDonald’s. I recently tried the DD Maple Pecan iced coffee, so good!
Once it gets really cold, I alternate between coffee and tea. I always seem to have the kettle going just to keep warm with a nice mug of tea. I’ve been loving the Harney & Sons teas.
Cooler weather definitely calls for hearty fare. Fall favorite foods in our family include beef stew and chili. I make both of these in my Instant Pot, it has that all-day simmered taste in a shorter amount of time. I used to love my crock pot but now that’s been relegated to storage. I can’t say enough good things about my IP!
Here’s a chili recipe I use often – I use a chili seasoning mix so that’s one less step instead of gathering all the additional condiments. Anything to save time in the kitchen!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 package Chili Seasoning Mix (I use McCormick’s)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute and add garlic and onion to the pot.
- Add the ground beef and brown.
- Add the Chili Seasoning mix.
- Mix well and add water.
- Add kidney beans to the pot and stir.
- Then add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and make sure the vent is set to seal. Set the IP to 10 minutes on manual.
- Once time is up, let your IP naturally release.
- Once released, open your pot, stir and enjoy! Add salt and pepper if necessary.
We like ours with oyster crackers and cheese. You can also serve with sour cream and chopped onions.
Do you have a special fall drink or food? I would love to hear!