Hi everyone and happy Tuesday! We’re expecting more snow tomorrow so the kids are happy for another snow day. Today’s post is on my Trader Joe’s haul. We finally got one nearby and armed with a list of their bestsellers, I stopped in recently to do some shopping. I was able to try some of these out once I got home so I’ll add my thoughts on them as well. Let’s get on to my first haul of Trader Joe’s goodies!
1. PEPPER JELLY // I saw this on another TJ haul and thought it’d taste good on crackers and cheese, as an appetizer or snack. I tried it on some crackers and cheese and it’s more sweet than hot but it tastes really good. I haven’t tried it on anything else but I imagine it would taste good on toast as well.
2. CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS // I made these croissants the very next day and they were a hit with the family. I also heard they’re a TJ best seller and I can see why. They taste like croissants from a bakery without the price tag!
You have to let it proof overnight. I baked it the next morning and my kids devoured it for breakfast. There was chocolate in every bite. Don’t you hate it when you buy a so-called chocolate croissant and it’s more bread than chocolate?!!
3. HABANERO HOT SAUCE // I tried this habanero sauce on scrambled eggs and it definitely had a kick! It tastes great on tacos as well.
4. EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL SESAME SEASONING BLEND // This seasoning is another TJ bestseller. I made avocado toast and sprinkled some of this seasoning on it, and it tasted so good!
5. GNOCCHI // I haven’t had a chance to try the gnocchi yet.
6. MANDARIN ORANGE CHICKEN // I heard this is another TJ bestseller. It’s less than $5 so I had to give it a try.
7. BUTTER ALMOND THINS // From my initial visit, I went back again to stock up on the chocolate croissants and I ended up buying a few more things. These almond thins are thin as promised and they taste crispy and buttery!
8. OLIVE TAPENADE // Haven’t tried it yet but I thought it would taste great with chips.
So there you go. My first Trader Joe’s haul. I’m definitely a regular at that store now! What are your favorites from TJ?